Sunday, November 1, 2009

And There It Is...

October 1- Why does money have to be so irritatingly difficult to understand? Mention money and I will probably 1) glaze over 2) freeze like a deer in headlights 3) bobble-head my way through the discussion (i.e. Yes, I hear you clearly. No, I clearly don't understand)! Working with money should be as simple and enjoyable as sitting in the sunshine with a bowl of ice-cream! I'd absorb something like that! :)

October 3- Can't wait for Scott to come home!

October 5- To those of you who've been following/praying for our nephew, Riley, recovering from a bone marrow transplant due to leukemia...Riley was discharged from the hospital today! Great news...also nerve-wracking and exhausting for Jeanne and Don (and my parents) as they try to protect Riley's fragile health. Please continue praying! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rileyhauf

October 5-

Erika took the What is your old lady name? quiz and the result is Adelaide


You're a sweet little old lady, the quintessential grandma. With you, there are two guarantees in life: 1) You will always babysit and 2) You will always have goodies.

October 5- Took it twice... wanted to know what would happen if I left my glasses in the refrigerator behind the Velveeta or just plain lost them forever...both would be accurate for me! And the verdict is...Adelaide both ways! Love it! I knew an old lady when I was very little named Adelaide. She was about 140 years old...loved her oldness and sweetness!

October 8

October 9- I took the boys ice-skating, made them hot cocoa, made a few phone calls and let the dog out and back in (many times) from this snow storm. Does that make me eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize?

October 9

October 10- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

October 10


October 12- I'd like to be the first to welcome you all to this extremely cold, snowy and early fall-ter/ win-tumn! Hope you have lots of hot cocoa and cider in your cupboards, a bevy of cookies in your freezers...and good friends and family to share it with! :)

October 13- Didn't realize the fish tank filter thingy was supposed to be replaced every 4-6 weeks... glad they're still alive! Never saw such hardy fish- it's been 8 months!

October 14- loves being the first one to dip into a new jar of peanut butter!

October 15- "Isaac, you're freaking me out!" Ian said as they battled furiously with light sabers. "We're practicing the art of self-defense." Isaac declared.

October 15

October 15- Five Ninja-Jedi-Warriors (plus a dog) on the rampage...somebody's going to get hurt...it's just a matter of time! :)

October 15

October 16- "And it's a great day to be alive! The sun's still shining when I close my eyes. There's some hard time in my neighborhood, but why can't everyday be just this good..."

October 20- Wondering...what is your favorite verse, today? Mine is Nehemiah 8:10 ...for the JOY of the Lord of the LORD is your strength.

October 21- 1) How is it that 4 boys and a dog probably eat more and are louder than the multitude that Jesus fed. 2) Why is puke green the only color mix we're getting from blue and yellow tempera paints. Whatever happened to a nice emerald? 3) Why is it on days that I have the most pressing things to do, that I feel like doing the least...hence the facebook.

October 21- is wondering if there is any sound effect/noise that boys are unable or truly have no interest in reproducing?

October 23- Going rollerskating/blading with my boys. We've been looking forward to it all week! :) Yay, Roller City! If only I still had my rainbow colored shoelaces from third grade!

October 23

October 24- arguing children needed an earlier bedtime...

October 26- Our 20 month old spent a good deal of time today engaging his reflection on the side of the mixing bowl with idle chit-chat and bouncing.

October 27- Bronchiolitis, not pneumonia...so that's good news for the wee 'un! Just a run-of-the-mill bacterial "bark and wheeze." :) Now, on to enjoy the snow show!

October 4- looks like Zane's initial high temp/lethargic illness took on a secondary form.

October 27- "Red sky in morning..."

October 28- "...sailor take warning."

October 29- snow and wind and drifts...


October 29- Thoughts on the snow, wind, drifting and 2 degrees (wind chill): "That gives me the piggie-wiggies!" says Double C, age 4. "It will be a sad day when I come in blue!" says EB, age 6.



October 29- Saw the snow-plow get stuck for about ten minutes this afternoon.

October 31- Looking forward to pilfering some of the boys trick-or-treat candy tonight. Pilfering in a godly manner, of course...! :)

Three Wyoming Air National Guard Pilots and a skunk

October 31- Just about all "funned" out! :)




And there it is! :)

No comments: