Sunday, November 1, 2009

And Here it is...

Blame it on the addictive qualities of Facebook? Blame it on the actual thoughtful effort that blogging takes? Blame it on the wild schedule of September and October? Blame it on the episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation I got sucked into (that's right, you heard me!)? Blame it on... hmmm... the weather? The missing Autumn?

Well... we're back in business! And what better way to catch up and share the facebook love than with a back-log of facebook posts. So, this is some of what's been on my mind:
.......................................................
September 11- My knee and I found out yesterday at soccer practice, that we actually have to exert concentrated effort to get the ball away from our 8 year old. :)

September 13- Please continue to pray for our 8 year old nephew, Riley, who had a bone marrow transplant due to Leukemia, on Sept. 2nd. As of today, he's in PICU and just had a surgery that removed 1/2 litre of fluid from his belly. His organs have been having to work so hard through all of this. We'd sure appreciate it if you would continue to lift him (his comfort and safety) and his family up in prayer.

September 14- Our nephew, Riley, age 8, urgently needs your prayers tonight. Please pray with us...

September 16- About 50 Sparks, tonight! That is a lot of kiddies! :)

September 17- Making a meal plan is a great idea...implementing a meal plan is a great idea...miraculously appearing like manna and quail is an even better idea! Really, I'm an idea person!!

September 20- The wind has come...fall is here...

September 21- Snow...

September 21- Snowing again! :)

September 23- A little stressed about AWANA Sparks, tonight. Hoping I have everything ready for the masses!


Small sampling of Sparks and TnT's... Ian is in the 4th row, Isaac is in the 6th row.

September 23- Needs another day in her week and another day in her weekend.

September 24- I just held a newborn! I'm in love! :)

September 30- Nervous again about doing council time for 50-some Sparks. Anyone in my public speaking classes in college knows that I was NOT made for standing in front of microphones- regardless of whether the people I'm talking to are 5, 6, 7 and 8 or 56 and 78! :)

September 30- Wind blew our pool up and over the fence into our dog run. Had to enlist our 8 year old (Scott's on a business trip) in helping me anchor it down in the dark with some bricks. But really, I am looking forward to tumbleweed season...always makes me want to burst out singing "Home, home on the range!" Saw a few on the driveway today...

No comments: