Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Happy Birthday From A Chef In The Making!

God has given Isaac extreme creativity. You can almost see it oozing out of him! Yesterday (December 23), he had it in his head that he wanted to make something all by himself for us to eat, so he wrote out a recipe (see below) and worked it out for the most part by himself. I wasn't sure what it was going to be, but it turned out to be like what we imagine the hard tack sailors, pioneers and explorers carried.


Isaac was thrilled with the results and said, "I can't believe that my recipe turned out to be a success! Now we can make it and take it hiking and you can make it all the time, if you want!"

December 23

This morning (December 24) for my birthday, Isaac made me a very special "breakfast in bed" featuring his very unique recipe. He woke up at approximately 3:00 am, made a coffee for me, and perused the other breakfast options. He is still sick with croup so, understandably, he went back to bed for a couple of hours and then got up to finish a special breakfast plate for me. On my plate he had arranged a waffle that he found in the refrigerator, one of his "dough bread" stars and one of Zane's biter biscuits (He also brought the coffee he had made (at 3:00 am) all by himself to me!). Isaac, Ian, Colby and I enjoyed this very thoughtful and delicious breakfast together while Scott also enjoyed his own complimentary cup of coffee made earlier by our little chef in the making!

1 comment:

Messy and Wonderful said...

Happy birthday friend! I hope it was a great one!