Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

Isaac finished the Chronicles of Narnia today, (which is one of Daddy's favorite books) and had a lot to say about it...

Isaac: "Mommy, I finished it! I have read every chapter!"

Me: "What did you like about it?"

Isaac: "I liked mainly about dwarves.

Me: "What did you like about dwarves?"

Isaac: "Well, hmmm… I liked it when some guys were arguing, maybe. I liked through the stable door. Yes. I like it when the dwarfs are fighting with food, thinking that each of them has a better thing than the others. It’s pretty silly. Then they had a fight with food and pretty soon all the best food was smeared on each others faces and trampled on by feet."

I like it when in the Magician’s Nephew they almost plant Uncle Andrew head first but finally he succeeds in being planted feet first. I also like it when accidentally some gold and silver coins fall out of his pocket and after a little while they didn’t need water and sunshine. I think they actually did and they grew into silver and gold trees and they were made to make crowns for the first Kings and Queens of Narnia."

Me: "Was there anything you didn’t like?"

Isaac: "I think there were some chapters that had some scary parts in them…well, what was kind of scary was in the Silver Chair Chronicle and one that was kind of scary was in the dark castle in the silver chair, the Queen of Underland. The Queen isn’t really a queen. If you’ve read the Chronicles of Narnia and the Chronicle of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, you will remember how the witch said she was a queen. Exact same thing happened to this witch in underland, except she was green all over, not like the white witch. But some people in the Silver Chair said that she might have been one of the White Witch’s crew when she made her hundred year winter. When she was dead by a person Jill and Estes were looking for who is prince I don’t know how to pronounce the word, but I think it is Raylien (Rilian). In the Last Battle I think what was scary was a chapter called Who Will go into the Stable. I don’t know how to explain it very well."

Me: "Do you think you will read it again sometime?"

Isaac: "Maybe. It takes many days to finish it. I can read maybe one of the Chronicles, like the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, but I can’t read all of them in one day."

No comments: