Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ian is Now a Bike Rider!


Ian has mastered the two-wheeler! Last summer he worked on it a little and even went a few yards here and there, but he just couldn't get that bike to work for him on our gravel road!

Today, I helped him try it again (I know...what took us so long!) and he loved it!
This is Ian doing his "I am so, super excited and proud" dance!

When I went inside to wake up Colby from his nap, Isaac continued to assist Ian and shortly thereafter, the door slammed and two excited boys announced that Ian could now ride! Ian kept saying, “Riding a bike is a big responsibility!” It was so fun to watch Isaac help Ian get started and give him such encouragement and praise. Isaac said he was Ian’s pit crew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pic of Ian dancing... so awesome! I still remember the day the training wheels came off and I learned to ride my bike. Such great memories! I hope you all are doing well!

Erika Balyo said...

Thanks Rebecca! It was great to see you. I remember learning to ride my first bike, too! It was a little red one and I was thrilled! I remember having such a hard time waiting until my dad finished putting it all together! I think my next one was a yellow banana bike with a design cut and sewn into the seat.