Monday, November 3, 2008

Mommy For President


I voted this morning and took Ian, Colby and Zane with me. They were really good, (partially on account of a surprise I told them they would get if they were good, which was watching an episode of the Backyardigans, my favorite cartoon!) even though it took about an hour of standing in line.

During that time, Colby asked me if he could play in the jungle (a bunch of plants in a corner of the building), Zane fell asleep in my arms, Ian read all the "vote now" signs, and we talked a little bit more about what all the people in line were waiting for.

As we were leaving the building, the boys asked me several times if we were done voting. When I said, yes, we are all done and you boys were really good, Ian then asked in all seriousness,

"Are you going to be president, now?"

I love my boys!