Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hairy Weather


A couple things today...

All right... what is with the snow today! I have been a bit of a Pollyanna about the weather for about, hmmm, well, probably since March, but today I wore Scott's parka liner while we loaded some stuff into the Suburban and frankly...I was still cold. The wind was blowing SO HARD I thought I was going to have my legs taken off at the knee when the doors blew shut on them!

Is that the furnace running again? Scott thinks it's February or October or November or March or ...

Also, I got my hair cut today. Bit the bullet. Chopped it off. I'd been thinking about it for about a year but just didn't have enough pluck to do it. Well, today I did it. Everybody knows that a big change needs reassurance from the people you love, right?! Here is the reaction I got when I came home...

"Mommy, you look...different!" Ian

"Mommy, your hair looks like a boy's hair. Will you grow your hair out again? You look pretty. You may look different, but you'll always be our mommy!" Isaac

"Mommy? You got new hair?" (this was followed by little hands forcing my head to turn so he could see the back of my hair again and again) " Oh... wow!" "Oh... wow!" I then asked, "Do you like my hair?" Long pause and then "hmmm..."

Luckily, my loving husband greeted me with a positive "I like it" or I think I'd have to head back into town and have my hair glued back on!

No comments: